Since we first visited the Etsy Cambridge pop-up events in 2015 we have always kept an eye out for their upcoming fairs so that we can let you know all about them! In 2016 the team formed Cambridge Made – a group for independent artists and craftspeople from across East Anglia. It also remains the region’s Etsy team and most members have Etsy UK shops which are open all year round. We have always been so impressed by the quality of products for sale and look forward to discovering more local artists, designers and makers this year! The fairs have really grown in popularity and so far more than 500 shoppers have registered their interest in attending. We hope to see you there – have you got the date in your diary yet?
Enjoy the height of summer at the Cambridge Made Summer Fair!
As August hots up, Cambridge Made will once again be popping up on St Andrews Street for their annual Summer Fair. A selection of their locally based designer–makers, artists and craftspeople will be offering beautiful handcrafted products created with the season in mind.
Whether you‘re seeking beachy jewellery and accessories for your next getaway, light and sunny outfits for the little ones, unusual gifts for those summer birthdays, or something to refresh your home or garden with seasonal colour and texture, you‘ll find plenty to catch your eye — and all direct from the hands of the makers.
Cambridge Made are also delighted to be fundraising at this event for the Cambridge Cyrenians’ Allotment Project. The Cyrenians’ large allotment offers real work experience and skills development, as well as therapeutic benefits, to homeless people, and the project aims to turn the allotment into much more than just a place for growing vegetables. The Summer Fair’s unmissable ‘Posh Lucky Dip’ gives you a chance to try your luck at winning a variety of exclusive handmade gifts, with all proceeds going to the Allotment Project.
Cambridge Made seller Claireabellemakes:
A bike ride – a birthday party – and cake – make that lots and lots of cake – sounds like the perfect summer day to me! All these wonderful items are brought to you by @claireabellemakes You can meet her and many other makers at Cambridge Made's summer fair on the 12th of August at St. Andrew's St Baptist Church.
What will you find at the Cambridge Made Summer Fair?
- Bright and beautiful homewares, including eye–catching African–inspired lampshades, vibrant, original, Scandi–style home textiles, and delightful fabric vases to let you turn even a plastic bottle into a stylish home for fresh flowers.
- Garden mosaics to bring a splash of Mediterranean colour to your outdoor space.
- Lovely stuff for kids, including summery designer clothing, amazing paper engineering kits to spark their imagination, and super–cute textile accessories and gifts.
- Designer jewellery ranging from bright beaded pieces through unusual wire–wrapped and semi–precious gemstone styles to classic handmade sterling silver.
- Hats, bridal tiaras and headpieces for those high summer weddings.
- Unique T–shirts, lacy summer knitwear, bags and more.
- Locally handmade botanical toiletries and travel sets, full of the scents and colours of the summer.
- Wall art, cards and gifts from our favourite Cambridge artists and illustrators.
- Useful and beautiful things you just won’t spot anywhere else!
Cambridge Made seller Stabo:
From a stag beetle hip flask, to ladybird pencil cases and bee cosmetic bags Stabo has a wide range of screen printed leather goods that will also satisfy your inner entomologist. To see more of their beautiful and original products visit: @stabouk You can also meet the makers behind the goods at our summer fair on Saturday the 12th of August at St Andrew's Street Baptist Church. Come by for a browse and a chat! We'd love to meet you!
Meet and chat with the Cambridge Made crew as you browse the stalls in the cool and lovely St Andrews Street Baptist church, just a stone’s throw from the Grand Arcade and Cambridge’s shopping centre and historical sights. Home–made cakes, beverages and light meals are available in the on–site Livingstones cafe.
The information above was kindly provided by the Cambridge Made leadership team. We suggest following the group on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in the lead up to the fair to find out more about the sellers showcasing their work. You can also RSVP to the event here!
Our #CambsCreativeTreasures tag on Instagram has recently reached over 750 shares and we would love to see even more people getting involved. Be sure to share your pictures of the Summer Fair and any purchases you make on the day with our hashtag – we could be featuring you over here.