It is now December and we are sure that a lot of you will be thinking about which cards to buy to send to friends and relatives this year. In the first post of this series we gave you some ideas of stocking fillers for her – take a look here if you missed it! Below we have selected some fantastic greetings cards for sale right now; all of which are original designs by local designer-makers or prints of original works by Cambridgeshire-based artists.
- Trinity Street with Christmas Lights by Naomi Davies Art
£2.00 per card – also available as a print
- Happy Holidays Scrabble Christmas Card by Claireabellemakes
£2.50 + shipping
- Penguin / Santa Claus Christmas Card by OYellowElephant
£2.50 + shipping
- Polar Bear Christmas Greeting Card by Alicia Cambridge
£3.50 + shipping
- Black Cat in Mistletoe Hat by Jo Clark Design
£12.50 (pack of 6) + shipping
- Twelve Days of Christmas Card by Purplespoon Design
£2.00 + shipping
- King’s College Chapel Cambridge by Maureen Mace
£7.50 (pack of 4) + shipping
- Screen Printed Bear Hug by Gabrielle Walker
£8.00 (pack of 5) + shipping
Why should you buy handmade and local?
By buying handmade you can be certain that a lot of care and attention has been put into the product. From sourcing the right materials to the design process followed – the thought and skill applied during each step is equally as important in creating a wonderfully crafted and unique item.
We recently came across the Buy Handmade Campaign which formed in 2011 in association with UK Handmade – an online magazine, website, directory and much more – which was developed to showcase the work of designer-makers across the UK. The website is packed with articles and interviews as well as resources providing business support and advice. Please check out their website by clicking on the logo to find out how you can sign up to the campaign.